WHAT IS NILS?
The No Interest Loan Scheme (NILS) provides individuals and families on low incomes with access to safe, fair and affordable credit.
Loans are available for up to $1,500 for essential goods and services such as fridges, washing machines and medical procedures. Repayments are set up at an affordable amount over 12 to 18 months.
To be eligible for NILS you must have a Health Care Card or earn less than $45,000 a year
(after tax). Loans cannot be used for cash, bond, rent arrears, debt consolidation, holidays or bills.
WHAT ARE THE LOANS FOR?
Loans are available for the purchase of essential goods and services.
These may include:
- Household items like fridges, washing machines, stoves, dryers, freezers and furniture
- Some medical and dental services
- Education essentials such as computers and text books
- Some other item as requested
OUR LOANS CAN’T BE USED FOR
- Rent or Bond
To qualify you must:
- Have a health care card/pension card
- Reside in your current premises for more than 3 months
- Show a willingness and capacity to repay
Phone 3808 1684 for an appointment and download the application info document here.