Kingston East Neighbourhood Group (KENG) Inc. receives funding from the Queensland Department of Housing and Public Works to provide temporary accommodation linked with case managed support through the Immediate Supported Accommodation (ISA) Program to people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. As a Specialist Homelessness Service, KENG ISA aims to maximise our client’s capacity for independent living through a coordinated response to address barriers and create pathways to safe, secure and sustainable housing.
KENG manages thirteen ISA properties that range from three to four-bedroom houses situated across the district of Logan City. Vacancies are listed on the Queensland Homelessness Information Platform (QHIP).
The KENG ISA team works collaboratively with our clients to assist with their transition from short-term accommodation to long-term, sustainable housing. Support is offered through a case management approach tailored to the individual needs of our clients. Some of the services that can be accessed through KENG ISA are:
- Initial and ongoing joint assessment of client needs and goal planning.
- Confidential, practical, and emotional support.
- Development of client skills to successfully sustain tenancies.
- Connection to parenting/childcare programs and support groups.
- Advocacy and assistance to link with specialist services including but not limited to:
- Mental health services, legal support, financial literacy programs, domestic and family violence support, addiction services & other mainstream services.
- Targeted, follow up support to clients exiting the ISA program.
For more information about the KENG ISA program, please call (07) 3808 1684 and ask to speak with a member of the ISA team. Alternatively, please send us a message on our contact form.
*KENG ISA properties are leased from the Queensland Department of Housing and Public Works*
Useful links –
Housing and Homelessness Services/Department of Housing and Public Works
Housing and Homelessness Services delivers a range of housing assistance to Queenslanders. Improving housing affordability, reducing homelessness and assisting Queenslanders to access the private housing market are key priorities.
Residential Tenancies Authority
The Residential Tenancies Authority is a state government statutory body that makes a positive difference to Queensland’s residential rental sector. The RTA provides tenancy information bond management dispute resolution, investigation, policy and education services.
Qld Statewide Tenant Advice and Referral Service/QSTARS
QSTARS is a free independent advice and referral service for all Queensland renters.