Job opportunities at KENG.
If this page is empty, it unfortunately means that no positions are currently available.
Occasional Childcare Director/Lead Educator
Kingston East Neighbourhood Group Inc. is a not-for-profit community organisation offering a diverse range of programs and services to the Logan community. We are looking for an experienced Childcare Director/Lead Educator to manage our Occasional Childcare Centre in accordance with the relevant childcare guidelines and regulations.
KENG’s Occasional Care Service is a one room, family-grouped program. The team of educators are dedicated and supported by a friendly and warm team focused environment. The successful applicant will have access to the following benefits:
- Work within school hours and school terms
- Own private office with facilities to complete director duties
- Opportunities for paid professional development and training
- A warm and friendly home environment situated in a beautiful natural setting/community garden
- A team of volunteers and broader long standing Early Years Support Team.
The position is permanent part-time 24 hours per week and paid under Children’s Services Award 2010, at Level 6. 20 hours is conducted on the floor and 4 hours off the floor. This is a school term only position.
The successful applicant will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Early Childhood.
- The ability to coordinate the day-to-day operations of the Childcare Centre and ensure the Centre complies with health, safety, licencing regulations and quality improvement and accreditation systems if required.
- Room lead a small team of Educators and volunteers and deliver a flexible and age/stage appropriate play-based program.
- A genuine love and interest in caring for and nurturing young children from 0 to 5 years.
- The ability to liaise effectively with community groups, health-related professionals, government departments and agencies at all levels and with the broader community.
- Proven organisational skills and demonstrated ability to work unsupervised and using initiative.
- A strong sense of commitment, sound knowledge and/or experience in data collection and program evaluation.
- Experience maintaining warm and caring relationships with children and their families.
- Highly developed written, spoken and interpersonal communication skills.
- Sound computer skills.
If you have experience and relevant qualifications and are passionate about working with the children to make a difference, please call 3808 1684 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a copy of the Position Description and Selection Criteria.
Closing date for applications is Monday 13 December at 5:00 pm.