Communities for Children (CfC) is a National initiative of the Australian Government to achieve better outcomes for children aged infant to 12 years and their families. Kingston East Neighbourhood Group, under the Communities for Children initiative provides integrated services to help build stronger and more resilient families.
The Communities for Children Program provides practical and emotional support for Parents-to-be and new parents. Providing opportunities to engage with their children and their peers in playgroups and parenting programs. We also provide support in areas of health, early learning and development.
Hello Baby Program (177 Meakin Rd, Slacks Creek. Tuesdays 9:15-11:30am)
Music for Bub & Infant Massage (9:15-10am)
Hello Baby (Child Health Clinic) (10-11.30am)
Speak to a Maternal and Child Health Nurse about:
- Becoming a part of the family
- Safety in the home
- Attachment and Bonding
- Feeding and Nappy Care
- Settling and Sleeping
- Weight Gain and nutrition
- Bring your babies RED BOOK for a well baby check
Morning Tea Provided
Playgroup is an ideal opportunity for parents and children to engage with others make new friends and share in new experiences. Playgroup provides a space for children to participate in a range of stimulating play opportunities that assist them in developing new skills and build language and communication skills.
ALL PLAYGROUPS OPERATE DURING THE SCHOOL TERM
- Praise Playgroup (177 Meakin Rd, Slacks Creek, Monday 9.30-11:30am)
- Kingston State School Playgroup (50 Juers Street, Kingston, Thursday 9am-11:30am)
- Stay N Play Playgroup Loganlea (28- 32 Timms Street, Loganlea, Wednesday 9:30-11:30am)
- 3a Playgroup (Rainbow House, Daisy Hill State School, 26 Azalea Avenue, Daisy Hill,
Loganlea Kids Club (28- 32 Timms Street, Loganlea, Wednesday 3-5pm)
Kids Club provides a space for youth in both primary and secondary school to participate together with staff and volunteers through activities such as board games, sports and craft activities.
- Circle of Security Parenting Program
- Bringing Up Great Kids Parenting Program
- What Were We Thinking Parenting Program