The Kingston East Early Years Place aims to provide a welcoming, inclusive program that is informed by research, delivers evidenced based programs and intends to enhance parents, carers and community understanding and knowledge regarding the significance of the early years of childhood, increase parental capacity and skills, create the space for a connected community to flourish in order to alleviate the consequences of social disadvantage.
KENG’s Early Years Place is an easy way for families to access a range of early childhood, family and parenting support in one welcoming location. Services are offered free and include childcare, infant health checks, supported playgroups, parenting and wellbeing programs, Wilbert the Worm literacy program and links to the other services at KENG including family support, housing, food parcels, financial assistance, education and training programs, counselling, HIPPY and additional therapeutic classes.
The ‘Early Years Place’ creates opportunities for children and families to learn and grow together through the provision of the following services and activities:
- Free childcare (0-5) is available in our onsite Occasional Childcare Centre for parents attending programs and services in the Centre
- Evidenced based Parenting Programs including: Circle of Security Parenting, Bringing Up Great Kids, 123 Magic and Emotion Coaching and What Were We Thinking?
- Wilbert the Worm Literacy Program: Children and Families are invited to a family fun morning every term with activities that promote early literacy and numeracy skills. All children are provided with a good quality, age appropriate children’s book to encourage home reading.
- Antenatal education and classes for expectant parents
- Hello Baby: Infant Massage, Music and Sensory Play
- Wellbeing Groups: Wheel of Wellbeing Program, Sewing.
- Abecadarian (3a) Playgroup
- School holiday programs: kids in the kitchen, gardening
The Early Years Place is funded by Queensland Department of Education, Early Education and Care.
The Queensland Government is committed to investing in the Early Years to ensure all Queensland children enjoy a confident start to life.
For more information about the KENG Early Years Place, please call (07) 3808 1684 and ask to speak with a the coordinator. Alternatively, please send us a message on our contact form or through our facebook page.